Virtual SF6 Safety and Handling Training
The condensed version of our In-person SF6 Safety and Handling Training for learners who wish to gain theoretical and practical knowledge without leaving the comfort of their home or office.
This 2-day, virtual course focuses on SF6 gas theory and practical equipment demonstrations to provide technicians with vital knowledge for optimizing SF6 gas handling practices, safety procedures, and regulations/reporting. Upon successful completion, attendees will be able to earn up to 1.0 CEUs or 10 Professional Development Hours and a DILO SF6 Safety and Handling Certificate.
April 29 – 30th, 2021
June 29-30, 2021
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe characteristics of SF6, including history, properties, and contaminants
- Compare and contrast virgin and reconditioned SF6 gas
- Use an emission-free approach for SF6 gas analysis
- Employ best safety practices for hands-on SF6 gas handling and safety methods
- Create and apply a zero-emissions approach to SF6 gas handling, including recovery, filling, and evacuation
- Identify current environmental standards at a local and federal level
- Discuss important DOT/transportation and certification requirements and considerations for SF6 gas cylinders
Awarding of CEUs
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will be awarded 1.0 IACET CEUs and an SF6 Safety and Handling Certificate from DILO Company, Inc. In order to successfully complete the course, trainees must meet the following requirements:
- Attend each day of the course in its entirety
- Actively engage and participate in virtual training
- Score 70% or better on written post-course assessment
Substation test technicians working in operations, maintenance, engineering, or other service field in which knowledge of SF6 gas handling is a required part of their job responsibilities.
Custom Training Options
Do several members of your staff need training? We also offer accredited customized, on-site training at your facility. Please contact us for more information.
We are here to help! Please email us or call us at 727-376-5593 with any questions.
It is DILO Company’s policy to disclose to participants any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service or materials discussed in the learning event. This training course includes the use of products and/or devices of which DILO Company, Inc. and/or the instructors have financial interest.