SF6 Safety and Handling Training
Well-trained personnel are essential for safe, efficient and emission-free SF6 gas handling. We used our 50 years of gas handling experience to develop a comprehensive SF6 Safety and Handling Training Course. Your team will leave the course with the theoretical and practical knowledge they need to handle SF6 gas. We keep our training classes small, so that everyone has the chance to ask questions and actively participate.
This interactive 2-day course focuses on theoretical background with practical field experience to provide technicians with vital knowledge for optimizing SF6 gas handling practices. Upon successful completion, attendees will be able to earn up to 1.6 CEUs or 16 Professional Development Hours.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe characteristics of SF6, including history, properties, and contaminants
- Compare and contrast virgin and reconditioned SF6 gas
- Use an emission-free approach for SF6 gas analysis
- Employ best safety practices for hands-on SF6 gas handling and safety methods
- Create and apply a zero-emissions approach to SF6 gas handling, including recovery, filling, and evacuation
- Identify current environmental standards at a local and federal level
- Discuss important DOT/transportation and certification requirements and considerations for SF6 gas cylinders
Substation test technicians working in operations, maintenance, engineering, or other service field in which knowledge of SF6 gas handling is a required part of their job responsibilities.
Custom Training Options
Do several members of your staff need training? We also offer accredited customized, on-site training at your facility. Please contact us for more information.
We are here to help! Please email us or call us at 727-376-5593 with any questions.
It is DILO Company’s policy to disclose to participants any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service or materials discussed in the learning event. This training course includes the use of products and/or devices of which DILO Company, Inc. and/or the instructors have financial interest.