SF6 Handling and Circuit Breaker Testing Training
Management of SF6 gas and Circuit breaker operational testing are key aspects in maintaining circuit breakers to help ensure reliable operation. This interactive 4-day course focuses on theoretical background with practical field experience to provide technicians with vital knowledge for optimizing circuit breaker reliability. Upon successful completion, attendees will be able to earn up to 3.2 CEUs or 32 Professional Development Hours.
In partnership with Doble, the first two days will cover circuit breaker testing. Moving parts on circuit breakers wear, alignments and clearances change and critical functions can be negatively affected. Tests made with circuit breaker testers reveal these and other changes, in advance of a failure, which could render the equipment inoperable and cause damage to the electrical power system. An introduction of various mechanism types, interrupters and testing methodologies will be discussed. For each test, there will be an in-depth discussion of each measurement, setup and test methodology, and acceptance criteria. A Vanguard specialist will provide training to decipher and review apparatus test results so that they are clear and easy to understand. Test results will be used for reporting and maintenance purposes and used for historical data samples to improve maintenance schedules.
The second two days will focus on SF6 Safety and Handling, including theoretical and hands on training pertaining to safety, gas handling equipment and tooling, gas analysis, transportation, regulations and reporting. Test results will be used for reporting and maintenance purposes and used for historical data samples to improve maintenance schedules.
Please click on date to register for course
***Due to COVID-19, all trainings have been temporarily suspended. Please check back for updates and consider attending our Virtual SF6 Gas Management Seminar occuring on November 9-10, 2020.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the operation of circuit breakers, when to perform routine circuit breaker tests
- Interpret test results, case studies, and numerous field examples
- Effectively create test plans using the manufacturer’s circuit breaker specifications
- Confidently use Vanguard circuit breaker analyzers and VCBA S2 software to perform routine circuit breaker tests and manage test plans and test results
- Describe characteristics of SF6, including history, properties, and contaminants
- Compare and contrast virgin and reconditioned SF6 gas
- Use an emission-free approach for SF6 gas analysis
- Employ best safety practices for hands-on SF6 gas handling and safety methods
- Create and apply a zero-emissions approach to SF6 gas handling, including recovery, filling, and evacuation
- Identify current environmental standards at a local and federal level
- Discuss important DOT/transportation and certification requirements and considerations for SF6 gas cylinders
Substation test technicians working in operations, maintenance, engineering, or other service field in which knowledge of circuit breaker testing methods and evaluation and SF6 gas handling is a required part of their job responsibilities.
An experienced DILO Engineer or Technical Application Engineer. An experienced Vanguard Engineer or Technical Application Engineer.
The price of this four-day seminar is $1,800 USD, which includes all program materials plus breakfast, lunch and meeting breaks daily.
Custom Training Options
Do several members of your staff need training? We also offer accredited customized, on-site training at your facility. Please contact us for more information.
We are here to help! Please email us or call us at 727-376-5593 with any questions.
It is DILO Company’s policy to disclose to participants any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service or materials discussed in the learning event. This training course includes the use of products and/or devices of which DILO Company, Inc. and/or the instructors have financial interest.