REGISTRATION OPEN FOR 5TH ANNUAL SF6 GAS MANAGEMENT SEMINAR
***Important update*** DILO's 5th Annual SF6 Gas Management Seminar will be held VIRTUALLY on November 9-10, 2020.
DILO is proud to celebrate this milestone with our colleagues! Each year our SF6-specific event is another opportunity to share updates, trends, and best practices within our special industry.
On day one, expect to receive presentations from industry experts and SF6 users just like you! Topics include challenges, best practices, and mandatory/voluntary emission reporting updates. Day two will feature a series of guided, hands-on learning opportunities in the form of break-out sessions.
- Verifying Density Monitors and Identifying Compatible Fittings
- In this break-out session, attendees will learn about emission-free density monitoring along with how to select and utilize fittings to maximize performance and decrease the occurrence of leaks.
- Understanding SF6 and Its Impact on the Environment
- This session will help attendees understand why SF6 is the most potent greenhouse gas known to man. We’ll also discuss the road ahead for SF6 , what is taking place within the government, and how it may affect your company.
- Improving SF6 Recovery in the Field
- Attendees will learn how to maximize ease of use and decrease SF6 emissions by utilizing best practices during SF6 recovery.
- Simplifying Equipment Operation & Gas Tracking with Technology
- Learn how you can apply readily available technology at a field level to simplify SF6 gas handling in this exciting break-out session. New technology, like Direct Connect, and improvements to existing tools such as Direct-Track will be covered extensively.
- Remote Filling Applications
- Filling GIE with SF6 can expose you and your crew to a potentially dangerous situation. For example, hairline cracks on porcelain insulators for circuit breakers occur as result of material stress and often go undetected. In these cases, filling the gas compartment with SF6 may lead to the bursting of the insulator causing serious injury to the operator. This break-out session will cover ways to fill SF6 breakers from a safe distance using remote filling applications.
Please note, DILO will be charging a very small fee for attending the 2020 SGMS to discourage last minute cancellations and no-shows. The registration fee covers the cost of the entire seminar, including meals. Be sure to register early to take advantage of the special Early Bird Pricing! Please see below for pricing details*.
Early Bird Registration
(prior to August 14, 2020)
(August 15 - November 4)
Electric Utility / OEM
Contractor/ Industrial Gas Supplier
*Note: Government employees are exempt from the registration fee. Government registrations are subject to verification and approval.
We hope to see you this November!
Call for Papers
We are seeking industry experts to present at DILO's 5th Annual SF6 Gas Management Seminar. Your participation will continue our collective effort in building a well-informed community of SF6 users.
We are accepting presentations on the topics below:
- Best Practices of SF6 Gas Reporting and Handling
- Repairing SF6 Leaks in GIS/ Gas Leak Detection
- Role of Moisture and Gas Integrity for both SF6 and non-SF6 gases
- Circuit Breaker Industry Trends
- Updates on SF6 Gas Regulations
- Limitations of SF6 Service in Extreme Climates
- Hazards, Failures, and Lessons Learned in SF6 Handling
- Contaminants of SF6 and the Byproducts They Create
Other related suggested topics are also welcome. Please send topics/abstracts to marketing(at)dilo(dot)com by April 24, 2020.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SPONSORSHIP
DILO appreciates and welcomes sponsorship of our event. Please visit our official seminar website for more details.
Custom sponsorship packages are also available. Please e-mail us for more information.